Thursday, December 23, 2010

This Bird Is Not Built For Snow

This chick has never claimed to be a snow bunny. I would say more semi-tropical than anything. But here we are, twice removed from the days of Spanish Town, this chick is now attempting to adjust to her new environment.
Charlie, while he has never actually lived outside Louisiana or Texas in the winter months, is a LOVER of the snow, just like his father. He loves the snow so much that I could not get him to come in at all! When Jeff came home from work, he went out to play in the snow with Charlie. Everyone was having a good time until Jeff tossed a snoball at Charlie. This was not Charlie's idea of a good time, so he got pissed and decided to pout inside. I would have done the sam thing.

Notice that you do not see Sister Jasmine. She is not a fan of the snow and could be considered semi-tropical like her mother.
playing in the snow
 For alot of reasons, I do not welcome this frozen precipitation falling from the sky. I will spare you my whine-fest. (Well, in short I will say, yes it is pretty. But I am not on vacation! I am not sipping hot cocoa and marveling at the wonders of winter. I am pissed off because I am cold and this shit is wet and gross. I have things to do and this is a huge inconvenience!....ok, Im done for now).

Please take a moment of silence in rememberence of my herb garden. It was once a flourishing masterpiece that I was so proud of. Then this snow storm snuck up on me and its safe to say that this is the end of a season. We will replant next year.

 This is the view from my front door. Ok, I guess it is pretty.
Today is the "first day of Winter" ( I wrote this 2 days ago) and Im ready for it to be the last. Will this chick survive in her new climate? Maybe, but don't look for her to spend much time outdoors until Spring.

Today Jeff informed me that we need to get ready for the big snow storm that is coming on Sunday. Being snowed in on Christmas weekend wouldnt be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment