Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Cheer

After our Thanksgiving blow out, it was time move on to the next set of holidays. Since we are a blended family, we celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas. Enjoy!

We pulled out our decorations from the last few years and I added a few new ones too.

This sign is recycled from our first Hanukkah party in Baton Rouge. We thru that sucker together in less than 24 hours from the moment we decided to have it to the kick off of dinner with 16 of our closest friends. Jeff did everything, made the brisket, latkes and apple sauce from scratch. I got decorations, party favors and borrowed a table. When people asked "what can i bring?", we said if you could bring a chair that would be great, otherwise we going to have to sit down to eat in shifts.
I bought this fabulous tree and almost all the decorations the day after Christmas. My mom and I dropped into the Dollar General in Olla, La. and picked up some Christmas goodies for 75% off. I think I got the
tree, decorations, lights, the tree skirt, and ornaments for about $20. I do love a good deal.

Some people are all about their real tree. I think they are lovely and smell divine. But they are also messy and a pain in the butt. What I really wanted, and I got, was a fabulous, fake white tree covered in rainbow goodness. I may do some after Christmas shopping this year for an upgrade in ornaments. Im thinking we will keep the white tree and maybe do 1 color ornaments, like all pink maybe? What do you think?

 Last year I scored this Santa playing Dirty Santa. I love it. It bobbles arounds. Kind of fun.
 I got some new flair for our new house. The stockings are old stuff but cinnamon scented pine cones (which are awesome!), the greenery, blue and silver ornaments are new. Thank you Micheal's arts and crafts store and Dollar Tree.



I didnt put this ornament on the tree. Instead, I put it by the door, under where we hang the keys. Its a fun reminder that this is a fun, loving,  happy time of year. Although, if you arent careful, it can be stressful. We have enough stress so lets keep this fun.
This baby tree is also by the door, under the fun ornament. This was also scored from that 75% off day after Christmas trip to the Dollar General. My mom has a tree in every room. Yeah, the kitchen, the bathroom, everywhere! The Santa ornament under it weighs about 700 pounds so we just have to put it on the table instead of the tree. With all these plastic trees in the house, we depend on pine scented candles from our friends at Yankee Candle to trick us into feeling legit.
When Kristen came to visit a two weeks ago, she brought us these fabulous stick on window decals as a housewarming gift. 

Im having issues with this one sticking.

You can feel the holiday spirit coming and going!


look at this chick!
I really want a wreath but the crappiest ones are pretty pricey and I do not care to have a crappy one. I am thinking a DIY project may have to take place soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment