Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Making of Holiday Cards

This year, I decided, would be my first year to send holiday cards. Every year I enjoy so much getting them in the mail and displaying them through out the holiday season. In the last year, I have decided that I am going to be a full out grown up lady and do grown up lady things. I am of the opinion that one of these things is sending holiday cards.

So when my mom came to visit I decided that we would take advantage of the extra set of hands and have her take a family picture of all 4 of us. She took about 27 and they were not our best. It is really hard to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time. Here's a look at what we ended up with.
 This is the first shot, probably the best one.
 It all kind of falls apart here.
 What am I looking at?
Where is Jeff? Oh, yeah, he is chasing Charlie around the back yard. Charlie decided posing for a picture is lame and we should play a game. I thought this was a great shot of the ladies of the house but not appropriate for our holiday card.
 Charlie, what are you looking at?
 Jasmine decide Jeff needed a little kiss.
 I thought that was a great idea so I gave him one too!
The top half looks great.
 Jasmine and Charlie gave up and retired to their corner.
The next day we took this one on our visit to Jamestown. It came out very nice, probably because we werent trying. So this year, it is just the two of us. Sorry, Jasmine and Charlie!

I was starting to get a little worried because I hadnt gotten any cards from friends and family this year. Maybe people dont know our address? Maybe they forgot about us?  Luckily, today (what started as a terrible day) was turned around when I received cards from Lindsay, E'tage & Mark, Stephanie & Angie, Claire & Richard. Thanks for brightening my day with your holiday cheer!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Your pic/card was beautiful!!! Richard looked at it & said "I want to go there".
    - Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! I love the series!

    ReplyDelete