Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all!

We are spending this Christmas in Virginia, snuggled up and settling into our new house. It has just been wonderful, to take much needed time to rest and relax. With 84 days until our wedding, I could use a moment of silence.

You know (or should be now), that we do love to hang out at home and eat really well. We have eaten really well this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Let me share some recipes with you.

Christmas Eve dinner: Braised Veal Shanks and Wild Mushroom Risotto.  I highly recommend this! Super delicious.

Followed by Toll House cookies for Santa. We always use the recipe on the bag o chips. Successful everytime!

Christmas Brunch:  French Toast Casserole and Potato Latkes.
* after 3 failed trips to Whole Foods for a challah bread, I gave up and we went with the back up option (cinnamon swirl) and it was really good.  Clearly I didnt get enough latkes at our hanukkah party. I had Jeff make sweet potato latkes last week, which were not good. I needed a little more latke in my life.

Our plan was to go to the movies and get Chinese food, a tradition of Jeff's people. Since we have a little winter storm brewing and I am really enjoying lounging, we went for Chinese take out and an on demand movie.

Just as an FYI, we LOVE chowhound and highly recommend it. That is where we found this chinese place to get our take out from. Any place that has an American Chinese food menu AND an actual Chinese food menu has to be awesome. Just so you know, when ordering you, must specify that you want the actual Chinese food. If you are white they just give you the American, unless you specifically ask for it. But anyway.

Here is an update on the weather, the snow is really coming down and starting to build.
We (Jasmine and I) dont hate this snow, maybe because it is super sparkly Christmas snow? Its probably because I got some warning and I do not have to leave the house since we are on "stay-cation". 

If you are looking for us, we will be at home in our footed, fleece snow flake jammies. Thanks Jill for sending such an awesome holiday treat! How ever have I made it this long without owning multiple pairs of these!


Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment