Monday, November 22, 2010

Ruth Reichel: Garlic and Sapphires


When Sugarbaby (pet name for my dude) turned the big 25, I got him the newest Gourmet cookbook and the new Ruth Reichl book: Garlic and Sapphires.

Ruth Reichl was a writer and the editor in chief of (Jeff's favorite) Gourmet Magazine for 10 years, until its shocking closing in 2009. It was a sad, sad day in my house.

I am so glad that I (for selfish reasons) got Jeff a subscription to the magazine as a gift for something. I benefit alot from these gifts, which is why I keep on giving.  It is true what they say, "It is better to (strategically give than to receive).

He really enjoyed the read and I am happy to report that it also brought some new recipes into our life. I was reminded of this today when Jeff read the post about him making cookies and me not remembering what we had for dinner before that. He reminded me that it was the Sort of Thai Noodles, which came from this book.

I have never made this recipe, and probably never will, but I heard it is super easy. I can report from my own personal hands on experience, that it is delicious. You can find the recipe here, complete with nutritional info, which I didnt bother actually reading, but you are welcome to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment