Sunday, November 14, 2010

How it all began.....

Typically when a lady says she is going thru the Change, chances are she is referring to one thing.
In my case, this change of life refers to many things. I am adjusting to a couple of changes:
  • After being engaged for 12 months, we are very soon making the transition into being married folk.
  • Three weeks ago we left Dallas, TX for our new life in Richmond, VA.
  • It has recently come to my attention that I am no longer "in my 20's."
  • Im sure there are many other of these changes that we will get to along the way.
When we moved into this super cute little house, we unpacked many fabulous wedding gifts that our wonderful friends and families have given to us. In Dallas, they all lived stacked in the corner of my spare bedroom, still in the boxes. Now that we are here, my plan is to camp out for awhile. On the drive here, we realized that we have lived in 4 states since 2007!

I dont have it in me to move again for awhile. While I am here I am sure that becoming a 30 year old married chick and living on the East Coast will for sure make for a some good stories about my transition into total domestic goddess.

We have a little distance and time difference from friends and families that makes it hard to get each other on the phone much less see each other as much as I would like.  I want to share our experiences with you.  If you are interested in what is going on in these parts, check in from time to time.  Hear a story or two about our adventures with new household appliances (that Roomba is insane!),cooking, decorating and making a friend or two along the way.

First comes love, then comes marriage. I cant remember the rest of the song but Im pretty sure alot of super exciting things happen and we should probably wite them down.

Enjoy! Leave us a comment to let us know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I am so so so excited about this new blog! I can't wait to hear all the hilarious stories about your new found domestic-ness, not to mention the antics of those crazy dogs (namely Jasmine) and the husband-to-be! You should practice and perfect something delicious for when I visit. Make sure to include lots of recipes that you try and like. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so happy for you. you have deserved this for-E-V-E-R and you look so incredibly happy. the rest of the song is "then comes the baby in the baby carriage" -- can't wait to watch you go through that part of your life, too!

    ReplyDelete