Sunday, November 21, 2010

Marriage Material

Look at this dude! He is handsome. He is tan. He is baking. He is the total package. So I agreed to marry him.

Throughout our courtship, Jeff made cookies from scratch pretty regularly. He always seemed to have the ingredients lying around and could just whip up a batch at any moment. This is a good skill/quality to have in a man if you ask me.

The first weekend that we were in the new house, I think it was Halloween and I was pouting a bit since we didnt have friends, or plans or parties to go on my favorite freaking holiday. It was just very bad timing. We had just moved in things were really unsettled. I cant remember what we had for dinner that night, something easy and not that memorable I guess.

As I sat on the couch, exhausted, Jeff and Andy decided to bake some cookies. How cute of them, I think they were trying to lift my spirits. Spirit lifting can usually be accomplished with chocolate, in my experience.  This was the (yet to be named KitchenAid) mixer's first undertaking. Instead of the usual way of mixing them by hand with a spoon, even though we have always had a hand mixer, we pulled out the big guns.

Now, Jeff's signature move is one that he and Andy say they learned from Jeff's mom. Halfway thru the bake time, you take out the cookie sheet and slam it on the counter. Apparently this creates some kind of heavenly cookie magic. Since we decided to break out the Oneida Pizza Stone (thanks Aunty Sandy) to bake these cookies on.  

Im not sure if it was the pizza stone or the mixer or the combo of both, but these were the BEST COOKIES EVER. Words cannot describe. They were perfect. Just follow the recipe on the Toll House chips bag. But Im convinced the grown up mixer and pizza stone took it to the next level. And Im never going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment