Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pretty Grown-up Lady Tablescape

 Happy Thanksgiving!
Just an update. We are at the halfway point in the day. So far, all is going well. First thing this morning, I kicked Jeff out of the house. Nicely. By suggesting that he could go for a run before he started the full day of cooking.  That gave me about an hour of uninterupted time to get some stuff done. See, there is a common theme of too many chiefs and not enough Indians around here.

The first thing I wanted to do before any of our guests arrived (Mom, Walter, MIL, FIL, & baby Greenwald & Drew, + 4 dogs), was start my Cinnamon Ice Cream and set the tables. I wanted start the ice cream before the dude took over the kitchen. I wanted to do the tables while the house was empty to make sure my vision was carried out. There was only 1 chief that could pull this off: ME!

this is the adult table
These beautiful linens came from Classic Party Rentals. Angela totally hooked me up with the table clothes, napkins and chair sashes. I really wanted to go all out and make it special since this is our first opportunity to host.  I got the idea from CPR to add these nice little silk flowers to fancy it up a bit. My mom bought me these pretty napkin rings.  You like?

 Bruce and Rona (FIL + MIL) sent this beautiful centerpiece. I love it! It is the perfect finishing touch to the tables. Thanks!
 Since we only have 5 plates and 4 forks for everyday(hint for those of you who cant think of what to buy off the registry), Bruce and Rona were so nice to bring these fancy ones. They were kind enough to pass down their wedding china to Jeff and I. It is beautiful, blue and gold accents on white. The silver was Jeffs Great Grandmothers. It is so nice to be able to set our first Thanksgiving table with family heirlooms.

view from above

The Kids Table
The parents will sit at the adult table and the kids (me, the dude, baby brother + Drew) will be at the round table. Normally it is our patio table but we brought it in and fancied it up a bit.
from above
chabby chic centerpiece
The other table had such a nice center piece that I threw this together out of some stuff lying around the house.

The sashes on these chairs arent as fancy but you use what you've got. At least I do.  Let me get back to that cinnamon ice cream. Last I checked, it wasnt freezing so well.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Emily, these pictures look like they came out of a magazine. It looks beautiful. Great job! -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY impressive! You should be impressed!

    ReplyDelete