Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Its really a "Dude Thing"

This house we moved into is kind of on a Y-shaped intersection. Our backyard connects to three other lots.Each of the lots have fences but our lot did not have a fence. Thankfully, the backyard was about 80% fenced in when we got here and the landlord allowed us to (DIY) fence in the rest of the backyard.

Charlie could not wait! Jeff went and got the materials needed for the fence the first weekend we were here. He wasnt able to get started since the phone and cable companies had to come out and mark where the lines were underground before you could dig. So another week went by and Charlie sat by the back door and looked out longingly, dreaming of the day he could lounge in the dirt all day instead of inside on his super nice bed.

Weekend #2, Jeff and one of his buds from work spent a super manly Saturday afternoon putting up the fence. They were really pleased and impressed with themselves. I should have taken a picture but I didn't.  You can see here that Charlie is really LOVING his new backyard. He stays out there all day and refuses to come inside. I have to drag him in to eat. 
hanging with this bird. this is my happy face.
The super annoying thing is that about a million times everyday, Charlie comes to the glass back door and stares in at me. We are clearly having a break down in communication here because I think this means he would like to come inside. So I walk over to the door and open it and he runs off. Seriously, he waits there until I open the door. I think this might be game and I don't know how to play. Maybe Im supposed to chase him or come outside and play.

When he is not lying in a pile of leaves, Charlie enjoys sitting on the steps of the deck. This seems to be his spot to contemplate things.
Meanwhile, Jasmine doesn't know what to do with this situation. She is terribly uneasy with Charlie not being in the house and at her disposal for her to torture him at her convenience. However, she does not care for spending much  time in the great outdoors. She goes out when she needs to then comes back in to her spot. The women in this house are pretty direct and communicate what the want loud and clear. For example, when Lady Jasmine comes to the back door (as seen below), this means she would like to come in.
Please let me in!
Once she is safely back in her mansion, the Lady finds a snuggly place to nap.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie is saying, " Hey Em, come out here with me. It is great. Oh, no - I don't want to come in. I want you to come out." Who said Dr. Dolittle is the only one who can talk to the animals?

    ReplyDelete