Thursday, November 18, 2010

More on that

I recently publicly professed my LOVE for the Roomba, no really, in case you didnt catch my drift-- I LOVE my Roomba (Rosario or Rosie for short). Since I got a few questions about the how tos, I figured it required a follow up post.

At this very moment, Im sure you are thinking "Wow, that chick is SO fascinating." How ever does she manage this super glamorous lifestyle where she works full time (and then some) running a hair/makeup business and still have time to report on her exciting household adventures? Just so you know, I am amazed myself.

So pour yourself a cocktail and I will catch you up on the how tos of Rosario here. First there she is on her dock.

 Everyday at 1pm she scoots away from her base and wanders about the house. What I love the most is that she goes right under the bed, couch, coffee table, etc. She also manages to  move from hardwood to our carpeted bedroom gracefully. She even scoots into the closet.

I guess there are several models but mine runs everyday at the programmed time and moves herself from room to room. She goes until she bumps into something and then goes the other direction, so some areas are covered multiple times, but that is ok. It is still a mystery on what determines when she is done and decides to go back to her base. Is is when she is tired and has had enough? Does she go back when she is tired/low on battery? She doesn't seem to go for a specific amount of time everyday, it seems to vary. Since I don't insist on having all the answers (that's really more of a dude thing), I will just let that continue to be one of life's little mysteries.
Whenever she decides that she is done, she goes back to home base to take a nap.
At some point, maybe everyday or every other day, you will need to empty the little tray that holds her collections. Its is not much since she is running daily. To clean the tray (no bags here!), you can just push this little black button (see above) and it will pop right out (see below).
This what it looks like at my house (I'm shameless). Rosario runs in the laundry room, hallway, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen/dining area and the living room. This is the daily amount of Charlie hair that I am glad I no longer have to sweep up. Thankfully, the cooler temperatures are reducing the amount of shedding.
Dump this and then swing that little red tray out (see below). It looks kind of like your dryer lint thingy. I never can remember to empty that thing.
If you LOVE a clean floor as much as I do, you need a Roomba.  Now I know what you are thinking, "I don't want to empty the tray!", or "How will I remember to do it everyday?"

Don't worry, I have ALL the answers. #1. Don't empty the tray, that is a dude's job (at my house). #2. A dude will do it. Remember, according to them, they can do everything and they claim to do it better than you. Now we all know that is completely false but we can give them this one. 

Now its time for a refill.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so you just created a fantastic commercial for Roomba! This made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I need one! LOL But.... the dude at my house would never empty it! :)

    ReplyDelete