Sunday, March 17, 2013

Living in Color

You remember how long it took us to pick out that chair? Well, lets just say, it took longer than deciding on my new car, which I got last week. More on that later.....

The nursery is slowly but surely coming together. The chair should be delivered in April, just in time for the baby to arrive in beginning to mid May. I moved what was my office, for the first few months we were in this house, to a new room that is much better suited as a study. I should do a little post on how its coming together too. I will add that to my list.
Before the furniture was delivered, in the middle of a random snow day, Jeff got the room painted. Choosing the paint color was a process, just like the chair

First we went to Lowe's or Home Depot (I cant remember, we are at both like every other day) and got some swatches. I taped them to the wall and checked in to see how I felt about them over the next few days. I would take a look in the early morning, mid day and evening, to see how they looked in different lighting.  After a few days, I narrowed it down to these 4.
Since we knew we wanted to add a decal mural, we figured it was best to pick that out first and that would help make the decision. Since we decided on a nature/woodsy kind of thing, we picked the green. 

Once we decided on the color, which only took a week!, this dude started painting! He did a great job and got it finished before the furniture was delivered. 
While I love the gold/yellow and feel like it is such a happy color, I felt green was best for the wall.  I added my splash of yellow with the rug!


And here is what it looks like pre-mural, with the furniture. Next post will be putting up the decals, which turned out GREAT! And just in time, I really wanted it to be up before our moms come to visit and before our baby shower next weekend. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!


2 comments: