Friday, March 29, 2013

Accessorizing the Signature Color

First, let me say that I acknowledge that I am slipping on my weekly updates. You know I do not care for excuses, especially of the "I don't have time" variety. However, since the last update we have managed to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary (go us!), have both of our mothers in town, have the best baby shower ever (thanks Kristen, Julie and Casey), celebrate my mothers birthday and Passover. Immediately following all of that, I survived 3 commercial photo shoot days. I'm "off" today, getting ready for one more tomorrow.

The follow up to the last post (where Jeff painted the nursery) is that we added a fabulous decal the accent wall. White birch trees with blue birds and a fun orange owl! I love it so much, I sit in there for a few minutes each day and admire it.
This was SO easy. I was a little worried that I had chosen a project that was a little more work than what we are capable of DIY-ing at the moment, but it was surprising simple. We got it out of the package and up on the wall in about 3 hours.

Now, we took our time, to make sure that we still loved each other throughout the process. We even took a snack break and got everything cleaned up. I have been telling people that we are total pros at this and can come over and decal a wall for you anytime. Im confident that we could get the next one up in less than 2 hours! With this chick's excellent supervising skills and the dude's flawless execution, we are pretty much masters. Just saying.

Since I am a little behind, I hadn't done it yet, BUT I did take a ton of photos with the intention of creating a step by step video of how to to put up a decal. This would be super helpful, if you ever wanted to do it. If no one is interested, Im probably not going to take the time to do that just yet. BUT, if you are, leave a comment and I will get it up ASAP.

The how to video won't take me long to get up, but I should probably tell you all about the amazing baby shower that we had last weekend. And I have a few thank you notes to get out to the wonderful people who shared that day with us.

1 comment: