Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Registry, and other works in progress.

Since we are expecting this baby to come in May, we have been super busy the last few weeks preparing for his arrival! Maybe I was kind of naive about this but I really thought that the crazy busy times, started after that baby got here. What do I know!

We are getting it done, little by little. We made the announcement to the world that we were expecting (seen here), then shared our gender reveal (here), now for the real prep work! Its kind of like planning  a wedding, except I am much more into this than I was the wedding. Maybe because, unlike the wedding, we can make decisions how we want to, and not have to tip toe around what works for everyone else, friends, family, friends of family. Nope this one is all us.
I am trying really hard to keep the habit of posting here at least once a week. There is so much I need to update you on, but I will spread it out, as to not overwhelm you as much as I have been overwhelmed the last few weeks. For now, I want to share my excitement about our upcoming shower!

My awesome girlfriends, Kristen (maid of honor from my wedding) and Julie and Casey (gender reveal party planners) are hosting this. I have no idea what they are planning but it is always awesome. Just like this shower invitation that I got in the mail this week. They know how to pick fun things that make me happy and know that I love to be surprised. How cute is this invite!

I am especially grateful to Casey for helping us with our registry and making sure we did it on time!
This guy is a handful but he is great to have around!
girls just want to have fun!
My mom and mother in law will be flying to Richmond for the shower, which will be nice. It is hard not having them be here but they do the best they can to be a part of each special thing. I would have loved for them to be here for our gender reveal party, but when Casey and Julie surprised us with having them join us via Skype that was pretty awesome too!  Totally unexpected and very special.

Registering kind of snuck up on us, I didn't realize it would be so intense! And such a time consuming process. Of course, I do have the world's most thorough researcher for a husband. He has read this book, cover to cover and refers to it as his bible!
 
Seriously, if you or someone you know (who likes to make ultra informed decisions on everything) is having a baby, get this book. Jeff has read it cover to cover and it has all the safety information and the best place to buy everything.


It really helped us when registering. We are registered at a few places (see below for details). Babies R Us is a big box store that has a lot of stuff and is easy to order from so we went there. I added Amazon.com at the last minute, because it was suggested to me by previous new mamas who said having gift cards to Amazon was great to be able to order things yourself and have them show up to your door. I also registered for like 5 things at Pottery Barn because it saved us 10% on this chair. More on this agonizing chair decision and how we spent more time chair shopping than shopping for a car.
The place that I am most excited about registering was a small local store, Franklin Goose. They have very unique, environmentally friendly products. You can order online, which is great for our out of town friends and family. The staff is SO helpful and knowledgeable on the 2 things that are really important to us, cloth diapering and making your own food.
We went to a diapering class there that was SO helpful and we are ready for the challenge, yes, I know you think we are nuts. No, we don't care what you think, we are doing it anyway. Unless you think we are awesome, in that case, we agree. I don't know why I am surprised when people say super negative things about something I am excited about, but that somehow 30+ years into this life, it still kind of gets to me.
Because so many of our friends and family are out of town and won't be able to join us for the shower, we wanted to include registry information here, if you wanted that.  I added the links so you can go straight there, some of them were not easy to find! Anyone who sends anything before the March 23 shower, I am saving your gifts to open then so it can be like you were here in spirit.
Babies R Us
Amazon
Franklin Goose 
Pottery Barn

Things coming soon:
The Chair Shopping Adventures
More details on the Gender Reveal Party
Weekly Pregnancy Photos Journal
Letters to the Baby
Hiring a Doula
Why Cloth Diapers?
On a Mission for the Perfect Chair
Nursery Decor

You can get new posts to your email so you can keep up with us. Just subscribe at the top!

1 comment: