Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gender Reveal


So last week we had a gender reveal party to find out the sex of our baby. This was by far, the best way for us to find out. You know that I LOVE a party, especially with surprises and lots of hype. Our fabulous friends, Casey and Julie, really went way above and beyond to make this incredibly special for us. We will never forget it. Thank you so much to everyone who gave a little something to make this so amazing for us.

Oh, in case you somehow missed it....we are having a baby. I have posted this video on Twitter and Facebook about a million times but I will go ahead and put it here in case you want to watch it again.


We got some great photos and videos that I need to edit so that they are manageable enough to share, so those are going to be added soon, I promise. For now, I did get this video up so that we could announce the big news and share how we found out what we would be expecting in May.


I will be adding more, like our letters to each other and the baby and Aunt Casey's poem that she wrote for us and the baby. Just like her, it is hysterical, very sweet and really fun. We also played a lot of fun games. Casey and Julie surprised us by having our moms join the party via Skype. Wow, technology is so cool. This was great because they got to be a part of the last game we played (that I won!) and they got to see us open the box and find out with us.

Having an incredibly talented photographer as a friend is a wonderful gift. Here are a few of my favorites that my friend Julie took for us that night.
"the" revealing photo
Everyone had to wait for the video to hear the news, but I did make 1 exception to that rule.  
I think she is saying "Please tell me this is not true!"

Happy mom and dad!
This is, by far, my favorite photo!
Wait, no, its this one!
I think this is a printable. 
Team blue for the win.
One of our best surprises for the night.
Team pink, sad to have lost the game but still excited to welcome baby boy.
Little Spencer, says "Don't be sad, little boys are lots of fun!"
I write to the baby every week, this is the last letter before we know the sex.
Always festive. The details are important. 
Future big brother!
More videos and and photos to come! Are you liking the personal blog updates? I am shooting for once a week! Lets hope I can keep it up!

3 comments:

  1. OMG. I'm cracking up. Picture #6. Guy in background is REALLY excited you are having a boy.

    ReplyDelete